The countdown is on! Just days until we celebrate the completion of Phase 1 of the trail.
Join us on Saturday, June 10th at 10:30
at the Kiosk which is at the base of the switchbacks.
A few things to note:
- Human-powered transportation to the site is encouraged. (Bikes, scooters, wheelchairs, walking, running etc)
- There is very limited parking at the site – preferred for officials and those needing assistance or with little ones etc.
- The Fall Fairgrounds, in the area nearest to the bush trail, is the preferred site for parking. There is lots of parking there. Walk or cycle through the bush trail to the bridge.
- Volunteer traffic coordinators will manage cycling and pedestrian traffic at the bridge.
- There will be NO PARKING available along the highway or at the ‘Welcome to Smithers’ sign. Safety is the number one concern.
- Areas of soil around the Kiosk site will be freshly seeded. Please stay off of all of the freshly seeded soil.
- Please be mindful of SAFETY for ALL!
Meg and her team will be in attendance with her wonderful baking. There will be NOSaturday Café in her driveway.
Kids Prize Draw
Kids who have decorated their bikes can enter a random draw for prizes. Have fun! Let your imagination run!
Ribbon cutting will be approximately at 11:45 immediately followed by a ride/walk/run/wheel up the trail. A drone will be recording the inaugural group event on the trail. Wear bright colours!